Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog

Rasam podi (powder)

>> Sunday, August 30, 2009

.

Rasam is most popular & mostly eaten southIndian dish. I make it daily with homemade rasam powder. Aroma & its taste makes this dish special always.

Ingredients :
  1. Toor dal - 1 cup
  2. Channa dal - 1/4 cup
  3. Cumin seeds (jeera) - 3/4 cup
  4. Pepper corns - 3/4 cup
  5. Corriander seeds - 1/2 cup
  6. Fenugreek seeds (Methi seeds ) - 1 tbsp
  7. Raw rice - 1 tbsp
  8. Hing - 1/4 tsp

Directions to cook :

£ Roast all the ingredients seperately without adding oil.

£ Combine & grind all the roasted ingredients together to fine powder.

Store it in the air-tight container for longer use.

Wow !!! Its my award time :)


Thanks priya for tagging me this award. I am really honoured to receive this from you.

Requirements:

1. I must thank the person who gave me the award and list their blog and link it.
2. I must list 10 honest things about myself.
3. I must put a copy of The Honest Scrap Logo on my blog.
4. I must select at least 7 other worthy bloggers & list their links
5. I must notify the bloggers of the award and hopefully they will follow the above three requirements also.

Honest things about myself :
  1. Nature loving person
  2. Simplicity
  3. Very sensitive
  4. Like to play with my son
  5. Try to cook something different everytime. Fortunately, whatever I cook it taste different everytime.
  6. Love pet animals
  7. Like to travel a lot
  8. Like to try modern outfit (which will not suits me always)
  9. Like to chitchat with my friends
  10. Love to sleep for long.

I would like to tag this award to these lovely bloggers.

Home cooked oriya food, Sangeetha, Priyameena, Ganga, Tresa Augustine, Sarah naveen, Tina noble.

13 comments:

Anonymous,  August 31, 2009 at 4:56 AM  

I love Rassam, When I was a little girl, when ever we got under the weather, my mom would give us a steaming cup of rasam...sometimes with rice too...sooooo good. Thanks for the recipe ( as I think my mom used the store bought pre made paste)now I have a chance to try to make it from scratch at home.

Raks August 31, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

I sometimes grind freash and make for that day and make,have not tried in bulk...buy from store!! Thanks for the recipe!!

Priya Suresh August 31, 2009 at 4:13 PM  

Just love freshly grounded rasam powder..congrats on ur award AMmu..

Parita August 31, 2009 at 5:34 PM  

Thanks for the rasam podi..i have recently fell in love with rasam :)

Lavanya Raj August 31, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

Loved Your Apple Swan Ammu!

I have nominated you for Kreativ Blogger Award. Kindly Check my blog.

http://homecookreceipes.blogspot.com/2009/08/awards-and-meme.html

Gita Jaishankar August 31, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

Nice click Ammu...congrats on your awards :)

dsdsds August 31, 2009 at 10:16 PM  

Rasam powder.. the lingering smell of rasam is all becoz of this lovely pwd.. First time in your blog.. Your blog is awesome.. Nice pics and recipes

Simi Tresa Antony September 1, 2009 at 12:06 AM  

Hi,
Thanks a lot for the comment and the lovely award shard with me:)

Sarah Naveen September 1, 2009 at 6:10 PM  

hey Ammu..thanx for the recipe...its a must have in all home...

Thanx a ton for the award too!!!
Keep rocking
Happy Onam!!

Indian Khana September 1, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

Nice click and thanks for the recipe..I'll try..Congrats on your award

Sushma Mallya September 1, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

Hi ammu, u got a lovely blog,and congraz on ur award...thanks for sharing the recipe of rasam powder...looks good...nice click

Ganga Sreekanth September 12, 2009 at 7:36 PM  

Thanks dear........ for sharing this award with me

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments.

Labels

Almond recipes (7) American recipes (4) Ancient Indian recipes (42) Apple (1) Aval dishes (3) Baby corn dishes (1) Baking (30) Banana (4) Belgium (1) Biscuits (1) Bondas (1) Bread (12) Breakfast menus (25) Briyani (2) Brownies (1) Cabbage dishes (1) Cake decorating (3) Cake frosting (4) Cakes (18) Capsicum dishes (3) Cauliflower dishes (3) Chick peas (2) Chicken dishes (12) Chinese dishes (2) Chocolate dishes (11) Chutneys / Dip (6) Coconut dishe (8) Comfort dish (41) Cookies (2) Corn dishes (1) Corriander leaf (2) Cucumber (4) Cumin seeds (12) Cutlets (2) Dal dishes (17) Dessert (9) Dosa varieties (3) egg dishes (1) Eggplant dishes (4) Fish dishes (3) German food (1) Ghee (2) Halwa (1) Healthy dishes (5) Home made chocolate (1) Ice cream recipes (2) Icings (2) Indian Sweets (11) International (8) Italian (7) Jaggery dishes (5) Kids special (5) Kovakkai recipes (1) Kuzhambu (7) Ladoos (1) Lassi (1) Leftover delicacy (5) Mango (3) Methi combination (1) Milk shakes (3) Mint dishes (6) Moong dal dishes (1) Mousse (1) Muffins (5) Murukku varieties (1) Mutton (3) Napkin folding techniques (3) Non-Vegetarian dishes (4) Nuts (1) Pakoda recipe (2) Parathas (2) Pasta dishes (6) Payasam (3) Pickle (1) Pineapple (3) Pizza (3) Pizza recipes (3) Poriyal ideas (4) Potato dishes (10) Raita (1) Raita special (1) Rava dishes (1) Red kidney beans (1) Rotis (1) Salad recipes (2) Sambar varieties (1) sandwich (1) Semolina (1) Side dishes (29) Snacks (13) Soup dishes (1) Spaghetti dishes (1) Spice powders / Podi (5) spinach dishes (2) Sprouted recipes (1) Strawberry dishes (1) Sundals (1) Sweets (1) Table setting (2) Tagliatelle menus (1) Tamarind special (6) Tandoori (1) Thailand (1) Thokku varieties (1) Tomato (16) Vada specials (2) Vadai (3) Variety rice (16) Vegetable and fruit carving (5) Vermicelli dishes (1) Viennese dishes (1) Waffel (1) Wheat flour (2) yam (1)

Disclaimer

You may not copy or reproduce the contents of this blog without prior written consent by the author of the site.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

babies
Thanks for Visiting my blog. Hope U enjoyed :)

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP